Via Head for Points Hilton is making changes to its airline partnerships effective tomorrow April 2. They are dropping a bunch of airlines (you’ll no longer be able to transfer points to these airlines), adding some, and changing the transfer ratio for a couple.
That’s not a lot of notice. In fact I reached out to Hilton about a rumor of one airline being dropped last week. They let me know it wasn’t being dropped. However they didn’t share the list of those airlines with relationships being severed at that time.
Here are the programs Hilton is dropping:
- Air Baltic PINS
- Air China PhoenixMiles
- China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- Czech Airlines OK Plus
- Gulf Air FalconFlyer
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- LATAM Multiplus
- OK Cashbag
- SriLankan Airlines FlySmiLes
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
- airberlin topbonus
Here are the programs Hilton is adding:
- Air Asia Big: 10,000 Honors points -> 2000 Air Asia points
- Asiana Club: 10,000 Honors points -> 1000 Asiana miles
- China Eastern Eastern Miles: 10,000 Honors points -> 1000 China Eastern miles
- Emirates Skywards: 10,000 Honors points -> 1000 Emirates miles
- Eva Air Infinity MileageLands: 1000 Honors points -> 100 Eva Air miles
- Finnair Plus: 5000 Honors points -> 1000 Finnair miles
- Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles: 10,000 Honors points -> 1000 Garuda miles
- SAS EuroBonus: 8000 Honors points -> 1000 SAS points
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles: 10,000 Honors points -> 1000 Turkish miles
In addition they are changing (improving) the transfer ratios for two airlines.
- Lufthansa Miles & More: 5000 Honors points -> 625 Miles & More miles (was 500)
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer: 4000 Honors points -> 500 Singapore miles (was 400)
Singapore Airlines Boeing 777 First Class
Hilton of course no longer offers ‘double dipping’. There are no more ‘earning styles’. You earn base points and elite bonuses, but not the extra points from “points and points” or “points and miles.” So the only way you receive airline miles is through transfers to airlines, not automatically as part of earning points for your stays.