I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express offers a $50 statement credit for spending at Saks every 6 months (January – June, July – December). Some years ago I caught onto Aesop toiletries at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. So I’ve already used my first half 2021 opt-in Saks credit on Aesop shampoo. I earned shopping portal points to boot.
- My 30 Marriott elite qualifying nights have already posted from the personal and business co-brand American Express cards (15 nights each). You’re no longer limited to 15 nights in total if you have both personal and business cards.
Notably the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card has a Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. You can also earn up to $150 in statement credits within your first 6 months of Card Membership for all eligible purchases on your card on U.S. advertising in select Media. And most importantly you receive complimentary Platinum Elite status for one year (February 1, 2021-January 31, 2022). This offer ends 1/13/21. [Offer expired]
My 5 elite nights for having the The World Of Hyatt Credit Card have posted as well.
- Supposed bomb on board a United flight appears to have been a ‘misunderstanding’ and the suspects were released.
- New LAX Covid rapid tests across from terminal 6 “in addition to two satellite labs which also opened in November in the Tom Bradley International Terminal and Terminal 2. They provide test results within 24 hours.”
- GHA Discovery double elite nights through March 31
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.