News and notes from around the interweb:
- Don’t forget to enter the best giveaway I’ve ever offered for 2 nights at the Al Maha Desert Resort (inclusive of meals and 2 activities daily) thanks to Luxury Travel Diary.
- Most impressive devaluation? Air India drops fuel surcharges but jacks up award prices, US-India in economy goes from 110,000 roundtrip to 200,000 miles. In economy.
- Hilton’s new TRU brand of midscale design-focused new build franchised hotels.
- Backlog of Flights, Ambulance Fire Make LaGuardia Airport Traffic a Nightmare
- oneworld alliance CEO Bruce Ashby stepping down
- JetBlue is introducing “free gate-to-gate Fly-Fi high-speed Internet, high-definition seatback televisions, and in-seat power outlets with USB ports” oh and more seats on the plane so reduced pitch. Going from 34 to 33 inches, though, remains more than domestic carriers offer in their standard economy seating.
- Alaska Airlines is re-branding, an expensive endeavor I’m always skeptical will pay off since it doesn’t contribute in any way to passenger comfort or convenience and doesn’t give the (already profitable and operationally reliable) airline a stronger product.