News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hilariously Bad Credit Card & Bank Account Sign Up Bonuses
- Earn 300 Plenti points reloading your Green Dot card at Rite Aid. Plenti is the American Express coalition loyalty program.
- United is giving their pilots extra training this quarter.
The airline highlighted poor cockpit communication and lax discipline, in its safety warning report issued to pilots last year.
Concerned about the safety of passengers, United Airlines is keen to improve flight operations through this training, which will end in April. The training’s aim is to focus on ways to tackle various safety issues, teamwork, and the changing role of pilots in the industry. According to Charlie Hobart, a spokesman of United Airlines, the objective of the training is to improve communication between veteran captains and co-pilots.
- Singapore Airlines’ CEO on the carrier’s strategy
- The DC-10 restaurant. I’ve only ever eaten dinner inside an L-1011 at the Delta Flight Museum.
- From June 2 through October 5, American will replace its 767 with a 787 on the Chicago – Manchester route.