News and notes from around the interweb:
- Literally being forced to take an all expenses paid vacation.
- Court rules no fly list procedures are unconstitutional
- Analyst says United should shutter its Washington Dulles hub. They seriously looked at this a decade ago during bankruptcy.
- British Airways will apparently launch a 50% off redemption sale starting Monday for most economy flights originating in the U.K. ticketed by July 13 and travel between October 1 and February 28 (December 18 – January 10 excluded).
- Which foreign airlines receive the biggest loan subsidies from the U.S. Export-Import Bank to buy aircraft?
Ryanair has received more than $6 billion in guaranteed financing. Air India, Korean Air and Latam Airlines, a Latin American carrier, have also received more than the $3.9 billion in guarantees that Emirates has obtained for buying Boeing jets.
- American and United earn a revenue premium over Delta, Virgin America, and JetBlue on the most important US domestic route.