News and notes from around the interweb:
- Man used a master key at a Marriott Residence Inn to steal from guest hotel rooms
- The ability to book Thai Airways and TAP Air Portugal awards with United miles has returned.
- The Trump SoHo hotel was struggling but turned around its fortunes by dropping the Trump name
- Kenya is considering nationalizing money-losing Kenya Airways yet another carrier Delta is happy to partner with and doesn’t mind subsidies for. Subsidies for me, but not for thee.
- Spirit Airlines plotted its comeback from a conference room in Miramar. It worked
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
- Don’t want to spend money to buy back your American Airlines elite status, or buy up to a higher level? They’re now making offers to let you redeem miles. Here they’re copying Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan.
130.5K miles: American Airlines elites received status upgrade offers for purchase with cash or miles. Offer varies by how Airline values member. pic.twitter.com/ZrtA7SJF1b
— VNI Television (@VNITelevision) February 27, 2019