News and notes from around the interweb:
- Judge blocks New York City crackdown on Airbnb New York has been doing the bidding of hotel industry lobbyists but ran squarely into the Supreme Court’s holding in Patel.
- President Trump is criticizing a CNN report of mass sickouts at TSA. The union says it’s real and will grow, but of course it’s not organized. Now air traffic controllers are joining the sickout. (HT: Reid F.)
Copyright: cylonphoto / 123RF Stock Photo
- Singapore Airlines re-instates Alaska Airlines award for travel on legacy Virgin America aircraft
- Overheated coffee pot causes emergency landing you’d need to do more than boil the water many airlines use to make coffee before I’d drink it.
- Retailers like J Crew and Lululemon are updating their loyalty programs
- Soon the world may have Genghis Khan Airlines. For real.
- The government shutdown sure shores up air traffic controller support for spinning off into a private non-profit the way Canada and indeed much of the world works.