News and notes from around the interweb:
- New airline from the former head of Allegiant and CFO of United launches this month out of Burbank airport using Boeing 737-800s with 14 more seats than Southwest puts in similar aircraft.
- Alaska Airlines raising lounge membership prices MVP Gold 75Ks will pay $200 more for full membership.
- The Marriott Frenchman’s Reef which resents having to give free breakfast to Platinum members is for sale.
- It’s been awhile since I’ve posted about myriad crimes being carried out at hotels so a hostage was held at a Days Inn but fortunately the situation was resolved peacefully.
— jimhooley (@jimhooley) April 7, 2021
- There will be two repatriation flights from the UK to Hong Kong but returnees complain they don’t get a choice of quarantine hotel have they not been paying attention for the last year, they somehow think the Hong Kong government is going to remain all that different from mainland China…?
- United is looking to lay off workers, outsource catering once federal subsidy restrictions expire at the end of the year
- The logistics of shutting down the cruise industry