News and notes from around the interweb:
- The incoming CEO of South African Airways has a new plan to stablize the airlines more or less convince banks they’ll exist in the coming days, weeks, and months.
- How Malaysia Airlines Makes Those Amazing Satay Sticks
- JetBlue’s new Havana ticket offices aim to generate Cuban passengers but they have no money… A Cuban passport costs nearly half a year’s average wages for a state worker. Roundtrip plane fare runs on average more than a year’s wages. Cubans require US visas to come to the United States. This too requires fees, and an interview with the US embassy.
- Stop Faking Service Dogs:Loving your pet too much is putting people with real disabilities at risk
- Ryanair left behind some sort of star I’ve never heard of in Italy and got into a twitter spat over it
- A woman who left her bag on board a Norwegian flight that arrived in Edinburgh from Providence, Rhode Island ran back across the tarmac from the shuttle bus, around the back of the plane. She’s “escorted away from the aircraft and runs back on to the bus” where she’s confronted by a member of the airport’s ground staff who says “That was unbelievable… It is absolutely not allowed. Do you want to get killed?”