News and notes from around the interweb:
- Enter Virgin America’s Facebook contest for 250 free points. You just need to provide your name, email, and frequent flyer number.
- Hyatt Olive 8 appears to have updated its Diamond breakfast benefit again. Reader Dave N. reports that they’re offering a credit of $26.50 per person, for up to 4 people, and that the hotel remains quite loose about whether all four need to be registered guests or outside friends are welcome. The credit can be taken with room service or in the excellent restaurant.
- Hyatt will be opening a Hyatt House property in Manhattan, in the Chelsea area, in 2015.
- JonNYC over at TravelingBetter.com warns AAdvantage members about Alpha Flight Guru, an award ticket brokerage company. Reading between the lines I’m guessing that some folks working with this company to sell their miles are getting caught doing so.
- The American Airlines pier (with a handful of US Airways flights) at Washington’s National airport now has TSA pre-check. No more need to clear security on the far US Airways-only pier and take the shuttle bus back over. My travel life just got easier!