News and notes from around the interweb:
- Pizza in Motion follows my advice when a taxi in Paris tries to scam him: wait until you’ve reached your hotel and your luggage is out of the vehicle, then get the hotel’s assistance. You – not the driver – are the hotel’s customer, and they know what a taxi should be charging you.
- Indispensable if you travel internationally with a child under age 2: Guide to booking award travel with lap infants
- In the fall when Emirates Skywards became an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner, I noted that one of the best features of that program is international upgrades from any fare without cash co-pay (although some fares are upgradable only at the airport). Unfortunately that is apparently changing, effective May 1 some Emirates economy tickets will become ineligible for upgrades with miles.
- Uber Cab Confessions: “The job becomes akin to binge-watching a TV series late at night on Netflix”
- Why is it that I can do the time change for Europe or Asia, but a one hour shift for Daylight Savings is so hard?