News and notes from around the interweb:
- Marriott’s Airbnb competitor – Homes & Villas by Marriott International – is offering double Bonvoy points (10x) on stays through August 31.
- United Airlines closing Seattle flight attendant base – again
- Delta will continue its seat blocking strategy until April whether this provides much Covid protection or not, it offers customers greater value than competitors. I suppose that’s more important for flying choices than how much of a dumpster fire SkyMiles has become (but choose your earning for other activities carefully).
- 6000 TSA employees have contracted Covid-19 That sounds like a lot, and for those who developed serious cases I have plenty of sympathy. The agency has about 54,000 employees so it’s not that far off what you’d expect based on averages.
- In viral TikTok video, flight attendant explains what happens when someone dies on board
- Bouncer drags tourists across the lobby of a South Beach hotel