United is bringing back Capetown service and making it year-round, with three flights a week starting June 5. And United Airlines is making business class saver awards available for Newark – Capetown non-stop for up to four passengers.
- Outbounds are available for 2+ passengers every Wednesday, as of this writing, for the summer and broadly June through October with some dates available for four.
- Returns to the U.S. are available Monday and Thursday in the same fashion.
This deal was first spotted by Thrifty Traveler‘s premium airfare deal alert service. It’s always a great idea to check out new and restored routes for award availability when they’re first loaded into a schedule. United features its newish Polaris business class seat on the route.
- ANA Mileage Club charges just 104,000 miles roundtrip for this award. American Express points transfer to ANA, but can take up to 48 hours, and there’s no guarantee the seats will still be there when the transfer shows up.
- United charges 70,000 miles each way (140,000 roundtrip) with usually-instant transfer from Chase.
- Aeroplan charges 85,000 miles each way and is a usually-instant transfer partner of Chase, American Express, Capital One and Bilt
Long haul business class saver awards on United can be tough to get, so this is certainly worth a flag even when it’s not high season.