New and notes from around the interweb:
- North Korea’s Air Koryo will start twice-weekly Macau service August 2, adding to destinations Beijing, Shanghai, Shenyang, and Vladivostok. Service will begin a mere two weeks after applying to Macau’s civil air authority for permission to do so.
Air Koryo Tupolev TU-204 Approaching Beijing, copyright boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
- In 1994’s Clear and Present Danger Harrison Ford’s Jack Ryan arrives in Bogota on American’s evening flight AA915. That flight is still, today, Miami – Bogota service arriving in the evening. Here are three other interesting American Airlines flight numbers.
- Trademark lawsuit over queso. Meanwhile Coca Cola will launch an alcoholic soft drink in Japan this October.
- Sprint customers receive 20% off at Wyndham hotel properties with corporate code 1000005930.
- Kenya Airways will be re-nationalized
- Citi is hiring a new Vice President to overseeing American AAdvantage card marketing through their “Face to Face” marketing channels which are the “the American Airlines’ phones and Admirals Club lounge channels.” I’m not sure I realized the card was being pitched on American Airlines phone calls. As a cardmember myself perhaps I’m excluded.
Primary responsibilities include managing channel level account and expense forecasting, reporting and analysis. Additionally, this role will lead the implementation and monitoring for all sales practice, compliance and control requirements.
This individual will maintain strong relationships with American Airlines through day-to-day discussions in developing and negotiating acquisition strategies, as well as presenting business reviews and competitive assessments to maintain and grow market share.