News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta accidentally boarded a flight with no crew on the aircraft Oops.
Boarded flight, no crew. No attendants, no pilots. About half full of passengers looking around wondering what’s going on (DL4119 SMF-LAX) about 10’ later, lone agent orders us off. Oddly, the smoothest boarding and deboarding I’ve seen in years
- Video of passenger threatening to break a United flight attendant’s neck after being told to end a phone call and put on his mask. (NSFW language)
- New York JFK Virgin Atlantic CLubhouse accessible to Amex Platinum but just from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. They do offer hot breakfast to order.
- Since I’ve used ViaSat inflight internet overwater (Atlantic) as recently as last week, I didn’t realize their coverage is non-existent to Hawaii. That’s disappointing since I’m scheduled to fly to Hawaii soon on ViaSat-equipped planes.
- Delta adds more than 100 daily flights to New York for fall, “a 25% capacity increase” and they’re touting themselves as “JFK and LGA’s largest carrier.” So someone tell me how allowing American Airlines and JetBlue to partner there is somehow ‘bad for competition’..?
- El Al has a new lounge at New York JFK