News and notes from around the interweb:
- Saudi Arabia will allow unmarried foreign men and women to share hotel rooms and women to rent hotel rooms without a male guardian (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- Video: gang of thieves stealing checked bags in Rome (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- Pittsburgh airport is auctioning off 10,000 items from lost and found (including cars)
- The country of Qatar gets so hot they’re now air conditioning the outdoors (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- Airbus A380 engine catches fire.
— VariFlight (@VariFlight) October 18, 2019
- Amtrak would benefit from D0
- Delta CEO Ed Bastian says he books his own travel – and is flying to Denver three times in a week??
View this post on Instagram
Monday kicks off our busiest week of the year for business travelers. To the millions of Delta road warriors, thank you for choosing us and for being #DeltaProud. While I have my own opinions, given there isn’t a week that goes by that I’m not on a plane myself, I’d love to hear from all of you about your favorite part of flying Delta. Let me know in the comments. I’ll be choosing a few people to receive these #DeltaRoadWarrior hats to rep on your next trip. Ps. Go @yankees! #businesstravel #roadwarriors #aviation