News and notes from around the interweb:
- A unified Alaska Airlines award chart and map solving the problem of Alaska’s different pricing for each partner.
- Norwegian raised $353 million in a new share sale and is shedding aircraft to remain afloat. The carrier has been on the verge of breaching loan covenants my own hope is that they’re able to continue through winter, the toughest time across the Atlantic, and thrive in the coming summer months — they’ve done more than anyone else to drive down the cost of Europe travel in recent times.
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
- Leader of baby formula crime ring arrested at the Sydney airport (HT: Jennifer Billock)
- New Cathay Pacific meals across all cabins
- Who owns the “ghost plane” in Madrid’s Barajas airport? (HT: @aheeger)
- Russia’s plan to save Cuba’s state airline
- Delta agent refused to communicate with a deaf couple in writing and refused to transport them — since one of them “went behind the counter” to retrieve a note she had written which the agent threw away.