Here’s another phenomenal aifare sale via Loyalty Traveler: US – Europe from $442 roundtrip and available to several different cities!
Don’t be fooled, it’s not Brexit-related, it’s another in a continuation of incredible deals we’ve seen to Europe. Each one is short-lived, from a few hours to a few days, but these seem to keep on coming as airlines go after each other, as there’s too much capacity on European routes, and as we’ve seen low cost competition across the Atlantic from the likes of Norwegian.
Unlike the amazing $550 Asia fares which are being offered by United out of their own hubs, these are more traditional ‘fare war’-style offerings by Delta out of American Airlines hubs.
We’re seeing $450 round trips between either Dallas or Charlotte and Spain, and fares in the $500s from those cities to Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Manchester, Paris and Zurich.
While bookable anywhere (this isn’t a mistake on a given travel website), as usual Loyalty Traveler gives you direct links to click that will pull up flight itineraries at these prices directly.
Here’s a sample itinerary between Dallas and Barcelona.
Here’s the fare breakdown: this is a $70 each way base fare.
This isn’t a mistake fare, it’s a fare war, and the fare basis “VKPR4US” is even called out as “SHOULDER SEASON INSTANT PURCHASE NONREFUNDABLE FARES”
- Fares appear to be available at the end of September into October and again in December through May.
- 90 day advance purchase required
- Minimum stay requires return travel no earlier than the first Sunday after departure
- Two stopovers are permitted in Europe, one in each direction, for $100 each
- Travel is permitted on Delta, Air France, Alitalia, KLM, and Alaska.
- While the fare requires tickets to be issued by October 20, this fare won’t last more than a day or two at most.
- Changes are $300