News and notes from around the interweb:
- Five $100 hotel nights gets a free $700 hotel night
- Lawsuit against United over severance paid to Jeff Smisek the CEO involved in buying off the chair of the Port Authority of New York/New Jersey with a flight to his vacation place in exchange for moving the airline’s agenda items forward.
We were promised a change in CEO we were going to like, but I’m not sure things got any better for customers.
- Singapore Airlines-owned low cost carrier Scoot wants to fly to Honolulu by end of year (HT: René S) Scoot is the carrier whose branding Spirit copied..
- Hidden camera found in Palm Springs hotel bathroom (HT: Alan H.)
- The bright side of Boeing 737 MAX engine delays:
- Africa’s third largest city has only 11 international flights per day
- We talk about getting compensation from airlines, but how often does an airport hand out compensation up to $600?
- Delta shrinking business class cabin on its Boeing 777s