News notes from around the interweb:
- How to passive aggressively convey your displeasure at a reclined airplane seat
- How the Hyatt hotel empire was created
- The oldest hotel in the world dates to 705 A.D.
Credit: Koshu Nishiyama Hot Spring
- Uber is testing booking rides by 1-800 number
- Milwaukee airport now offers a coat check service leave your winter coat at the airport when flying to warm weather destinations, pick it up when you return. That doesn’t help you in the cold jetway of course.
- Japanese mother and son arrested for making and cancelling a very large number of last minute hotel bookings to earn points – they would cancel right away but they’d still earn the booking portal points. The charges involve obstructing the business of the hotels since they were pulling rooms out of inventory for the scheme.
- Part Of Cat Cora’s Kitchen Ceiling Collapses, Atlanta Airport Passengers Injured
— non-smocker (@suenadeau) February 13, 2020