News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Thai Airways website was hacked — and adding insult to injury the hacker is a Pakistani named “Hunter Butt” That should cause some loss of face..
- Sprint customers get free AAA renewals. I keep AAA only for the hotel rates, which are usually lower than so-called ‘member rates’ (discounts for booking on a hotel’s website versus Expedia).
- Qantas first brought the Airbus A380 to Dallas in 2014 and reduced frequency on Dallas – Sydney to 6 times a week. They later increased that to daily and even though they’re re-submitted their proposed American Airlines joint venture for approval they are again scaling back the route to six times a week.
- American has scaled back their Caribbean service from New York JFK, but now that Delta is growing New York – Caribbean flying perhaps they’ll reconsider.
- Why does the TSA still search black women’s hair?
- A woman lost her balance at baggage claim in Moscow, fell onto the carousel, and was swept away back into the ‘secure’ area and fined. (HT: Loyalty Lobby) Not nearly as cool as what Puddle of Mud‘s lead singer did.