News and notes from around the interweb:
- Avianca has a new lounge (for Star Alliance Gold and Priority Pass/Lounge Club members…) in Miami’s South Terminal near gate J5. The lounge has showers. United Golds are Star Golds and have access to non-United Star Alliance lounges when flying domestically.
- The Intercontinental Toronto Centre’s restaurant has been lying about the ingredients on its menu since 2013 (HT: @brianyyz)
Wild Canadian salmon. “Organic” granola, “homemade” salad dressing and grilled “Wagyu skirt steak.”
Toronto’s Azure Restaurant & Bar, in Intercontinental Hotel Toronto Centre on Front St., boasted some of the best ingredients — and today’s biggest foodie buzzwords.
Turns out, some of the good stuff was only in the description.
- “Delta’s frequency program is so repugnant that it outweighs Delta’s strengths and magnifies its weaknesses.”
- Alcoholic airline pilots see their IQs increase markedly after a 5-month period of sobriety (HT: @bechhof)
- A month ago American Airlines flight attendants were taken to the hospital after an extremely turbulent descent into Buenos Aires. Now an American Airlines flight attendant was taken to the hospital on arrival in Miami. Wear your seat belts, people — even when the seat belt sign isn’t on (in this case it was).
- Update on Hyatt credit card breach: More than 250 hotels were hit by card skimming malware.