I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Free stay at the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Barclaycard doesn’t offer the Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard in Iowa because of seemingly favorable consumer protection laws there which make the economics of the product not worth it to the issue. New Yorkers get less insurance coverage from many cards as a result of the states laws.
- Giant picture of your face on your luggage is horrifying, but practical
- Man sentenced to 7 years for stealing a guitar from a Hilton hotel in Albany
- Wyoming wants to flat out pay for airlines to fly from 8 cities to Denver since no airline can make the service work economically.
- We may eventually get both a cashless and cardless society as a result of mobile payments, though at the same time the use of cash seems to be growing not shrinking.
- Two drunk senior citizens “smashed glass doors and threatened to shoot [hotel] staff then drove off in their BMW.
Mr Fergus was brandishing a pair of scissors as he screamed abuse in the hotel lobby and his wife shouted at one female member of staff, ‘I’m going to get a gun and shoot you’.
He then told another staff member: ‘I’m going to slit you and kill you’ and also picked up a sign which he used to smash glass-panelled doors.
As terrified staff fled the hotel, the couple returned to their rooms to pack before driving off towards Perth.