News notes from around the interweb:
- JetBlue is offering double points on all tickets purchased by January 15 for travel by January 4, 2021. They’ve also extended 2020 elite status through end of 2021, made status easier to earn this year, and are letting current elites nominate someone else to have status.
- Hotel occupancy continues a four week streak up from the bottom.
- Under pressure from EU authorities KLM starts offering cash refunds for cancelled flights
- Michigan Congressman calls out flight attendants for not wearing masks. (HT: Dennis)
Waiting to board my flight to DC, & unfortunately, several folks are not wearing masks on the plane. Flight attendant was not either. While we're all eager to get back to 'normal,' we must continue to remain vigilant. Please. Let's all do our part to protect ourselves & others. pic.twitter.com/uE8jBCg2pb
— Fred Upton #StayHomeStaySafe (@RepFredUpton) May 14, 2020
- What an Airline Station Manager Does Amid a Crisis
- India looks to replace stamping boarding passes with video monitoring to match passengers at security with those boarding flights
- Australia brings back international transit.
For information on transiting through Australia visit: https://t.co/LsPEvMgBy5 pic.twitter.com/Ahr1tX4nDp
— ABF (@AusBorderForce) May 14, 2020
- Russia, especially hard hit by COVID-19, will provide airline subsidies
- Experiencing night club culture in Germany now.
On the JetBlue news, should that be June 15?