I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Alaska Airlines announces its four destinations in Hawaii. Time to bulk up on their points with the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card to earn a companion pass — two for one Hawaii even on points?
- Dead rat found in American Airlines checked bag, passenger told to burn the bag.
- The very best in loyalty was honored at the Freddie Awards in Seattle on Thursday night. Here’s coverage of the programs voted by members to be the best from Conde’ Nast Traveler, USA Today, and Skift.
- Molly Ringwald thanks Southwest Airlines for saving her dad.
We all love to publicly vent against airlines but today I would like to thank Southwest Airlines and the doctor who happened to be onboard. They emergency landed the plane for my dad. Because of their speed and professionalism, my father’s life was saved. #SouthWest #gratitude
— Molly Ringwald (@MollyRingwald) April 26, 2018
- Cathay Pacific flight attendants are unhappy with the airline for cramming more passengers into coach. There are more people to serve but no increase in flight attendant staffing. That’s more work and, they say, worse service.
- The Backstreet Boys fly an Emirates A380. (HT: You Have Been Upgraded)
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.