Here are the best travel tips and tricks, the highlights of View from the Wing posts from December.
Last month I collated the best travel tips from November. Before that I summarized the very best travel posts from October, here’s the best travel posts from September, and from August. In July I offered the most useful and interesting developments from June as well.
It turns out, surprisingly, that this feature is really popular, at least judging by the emails I get — people that don’t read the blog every day really appreciated the recap and not having to dig through all of the posts to find the most enduring ones.
These are some that were my favorites from December. I hope you were happy with some of the posts and got something out of them as well.
- A new way to earn miles paying rent
- IHG Rewards Club sneaks a big change to points-earning into their terms and conditions
- For those of you that booked the Etihad $178 fares..
- American’s big 2015 bonus for premium cabin travel
- American AAdvantage will award some high spenders with more miles than Delta’s revenue-based program will
- The best big credit card signup bonuses that won’t last long
- How to increase your credit limit and score
- American Express is going to let Business Gold Rewards cardholders pick their 3x category
- How much are miles really worth? Current valuations for the major currencies.
- Alaska Airlines shows most customers lose out with revenue-based frequent flyer programs
- 50,000 point bonus for Southwest Visa still available
- Several Hilton HHonors hotels are about to get more expensive, redeem for them now
- oneworld airline TAM’s new 5th freedom route is a great opportunity to use British Airways Avios and save on fuel surcharges
- The frequent flyer program that expires everyone’s miles
- The West Coast flight that has plenty of first clsas award space to Europe using American or British Airways points
- Chase points transfers to Korean expected to return in January
- There’s not going to be a cap on transfers of points into Delta after all
- Exploiting the freshly increased value of Citibank’s Thank You Points
- Don’t make this one simple mistake on the phone with an airline booking an award
- 40% bonus for transferring American Express points to British Airways
- Hyatt changing the redemption cost for 15% of hotels
- United.com pricing partner business class awards at a discount
- How to get upgraded to a suite every time
- United lawsuit brings attention to great airfare money-saving technique
- Here’s how to beat jetlag
- Hyatt’s Diamond status challenge returns
- Alaska Airlines offering first checked bag free in January
- Getting custom-tailored suits made in Bangkok
- How to ensure you’re on the inside and learn about the next mistake fare
- How to assign yourself international first class seats when flying American Airlines business class
- Hyatt is the latest domino in the trend towards free hotel internet for everyone
- Cathay Pacific first class, Los Angeles – Hong Kong
- Travel to Cuba: here’s what to expect
- Here’s how I stay connected (phone and internet) when I travel internationally
- Delta elites now get status with Hertz
- American Express Business Platinum introduces free inflight internet
- US Airways top elites get improved upgrade benefits on American
- Have elite status? Get American and United club lounge access free
- What would the perfect first class ground experience look like?
- American Airlines and oneworld alliance elites get new checked baggage benefits
Understand Our Hobby
- Why Most Airport Restaurants Are So Bad
- Uber’s surge pricing is great, here’s why
- IHG Acquires Kimpton, Kimpton Guests Weep
- How many domestic first class seats are sold versus left over for upgrades?
- How much is the renewed American Express contract worth to Delta?
- Tickets are now available for Frequent Traveler University – Dallas
What a Strange, Strange, Strange World Travel Is..
- Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia books 12 first clsas seats, shows up late to the airport, freaks
- Passenger listening to loud music causes Delta flight to divert, because Ferguson
- Rapper doesn’t want to miss flight, so his entourage opens the jetway door..
- Getting written up by American for an inflight disturbance
- Prince William flew the US Airways Shuttle: guess where he was seated?
- Here’s what really got that Turkish flight attendant fired
- US Airways adopts the American Airlines ‘celebrity pet program’
- Buy your own TSA nude-o-scope
- Man arrested at LAX security checkpoint for.. theft of a farm animal
- About 50 homeless live at the Frankfurt airport
- Watch this American Airlines Dallas-Rio Flight Taxi Without Tires
- Here’s why Airbus says they may discontinue the A380