After Hilton’s dramatic award chart gutting of nearly two years ago, there weren’t huge changes again this year.
And Hilton decided to change the way they made changes to how they re-assign hotels to award categories. Instead of an annual change to tons of hotels (a schedule they really weren’t wedded to in the past anyway) they decided they would make rolling changes throughout the year. And instead of informing all members proactively of these changes, they would just post them on a web page in the name of ‘transparency’.
At least they are announcing the changes. And savvy members could create a change detection for the page.
Towards that end, Hilton is making category adjustments to several hotels effective January 14.
Hotels with Category Increase:
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, increases from category 9 to 10
- Hilton Garden Inn Krakow, increases from category 3 to 4
- Doubletree by Hilton The Point Hotel, increases from category 4 to 6
- Hilton Edinburgh Airport hotel, increases from category 5 to 6
- Alexandra Barcelona, increases from category 6 to 7
- Hampton Inn Richmond Airport / Sandston, increases from category 2 to 3
- DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Gilbert, increases from category 4 to 5
- DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville – Biltmore, increases from category 5 to 6
- Hampton Inn & suites Ft. Lauderdale / Airport, increases from category 5 to 6
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Long Island City, increases from category 5 to 6
- Hilton Biltmore Park, increases from category 6 to 7
- Hampton Inn & Suites Destin, increases from category 6 to 7
Hotels with Category Decrease:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, drops from category 10 to 9
- Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, drops from category 6 to 5
- Hilton Waikoloa Village, drops from category 7 to 6
- DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, drops form category 8 to 7
- DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa, drops from category 9 to 8