News and notes from around the interweb:
- Aer Lingus and Alaska Airlines will offer reciprocal frequent flyer earn and burn. So another option for redeeming Mileage Plan miles, and for crediting Aer Lingus flights. The partnership launches in May but given the challenges that Alaska has had introducing redemptions for recent partner-adds Finnair and Singapore we’ll see how long it takes before you can use your miles for Aer Lingus travel. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Alitalia elite status fast track offer (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
Copyright: jvdwolf / 123RF Stock Photo
- Sara S. passes along this color flyer copied and placed under every door at an 11 story Hilton about reducing carbon footprint by drinking in the bar.
- Qantas just completed the longest passenger flight ever their Dallas – Sydney service used to have that title but now it’s Perth – London.
- The American Express lounge in the Melbourne, Australia airport is now open.
Credit: American Express
- EVA Air has Hello Kitty, Brussels Airlines now has the smurfs.