News and notes from around the interweb:
- The bot that tracks Elon Musk’s jet is still active (despite a cash offer to take it down) while its creator no longer tracks Mark Cuban’s plane because Cuban offered friendship, business advice and to meet at a Dallas Mavericks game next season.
- The new British Airways first class food still looks like a good business class product to me.
- Win concert tickets, flights, hotels and limo for you and 3 friends with Frontier Airlines CEO Barry Biffle you’re darned right I entered this sweepstakes (but would probably pass on the Frontier flights, no wifi, natch).
- Marriott’s big pivot from food service to hotels. (HT: @JackHake) Meanwhile here’s the history of Hertz.
- Germany to extend air travel mask mandate to April 2023
- Marriott Bonvoy rule changes.
Interesting to see @Marriott recognize the "Donetsk People’s Republic and Luhansk People’s Republic" – both Russian-occupied parts of Ukraine – if even to say that residents can't be members of @MarriottBonvoy.
Still allowed in the Bonvoy program: Russians pic.twitter.com/O9vtvQ5DOd
— JT Genter (@JTGenter) August 3, 2022
- Don’t bring pot through TSA in Texas
- Those new United Airlines domestic interiors can’t come soon enough.
— Brendan Keefe (@BrendanKeefe) August 3, 2022