Qatar Airways has a really interesting status match opportunity via Australian Frequent Flyer. I flag this because mid- and top-tier elite members of Qatar Airways Privilege Club do not just get American Airlines Admirals Club access even on domestic itineraries, they receive access to American’s Flagship lounges, too (once those re-open of course).
I expect we’ll see more status match opportunities as airlines have empty seats to fill and become more aggressive going after the pool of frequent travelers that are out there.
Qatar will match elite members of the following programs: Emirates Skywards, Virgin Australia, Etihad Guest, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles, and South African Airways Voyager. I’ve rarely seen Qatar offer matches.
- Status will last 12 months
- You can retain status with half the usual requirements
Send an email by Wednesday 11:59 p.m. Doha time to statusmatch -at- qmiles.com and include,
- Your Qatar Airways frequent flyer account number
- Account activity from the past two months of the program you’re using to get the match
- Copy of your current membership card
Qatar says it may take 10 business days to process the request.