I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- JetBlue’s policy is not to overbook flights. So why have involuntary denied boardings jumped over forty-fold year-over-year?
- Why vacation rentals are key to Wyndham’s strategy
- British Airways parent IAG planning to launch new low cost transatlantic airline out of Barcelona with flights to Los Angeles and San Francisco as early as June. In other words, “Vueling, but long haul.” Because, Norwegian.
- Inside the remodeled American Airlines D-15 Admirals Club in Miami. With the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® you not only get a club membership, you can actually get lounge access for up to 33 people at a time.
- An argument that MH370 was brought down by a windshield heater fire (HT: Marginal Revolution) My non-expert view for two years has been electrical fire as best fit for the facts but many many people know more about this than I do.
- Drunk Russian smashes his car through the Kazan International Airport in Tatarstan, and drives around, in order to ‘fight for love’. He received a 15 day jail sentence. In the U.S. he’d already be dead. (HT: One Mile at a Time)