News notes from around the interweb:
- All the officers of the American Airlines flight attendants union are out.
- New Prime Class lounge opening at West Palm Beach airport on the concourse with American Airlines flights, no less, and promising hot food on the buffet! It’ll be small at just 3000 square feet though.
- American on Tuesday announced new flights from Austin to Boston and San Jose. Fly Data Guy is skeptical (HT: @xJonNYC) Austin – Boston is the bigger market but JetBlue has since announced the addition of a third Boston – Austin flight for summer 2020 so things in this market may get bloody.
- American offering targeted double elite qualifying segments in the first quarter of 2020.
- Southwest Airlines has settled with Boeing over the 737 MAX and will put some of the money into profit sharing. No doubt some of Southwest’s leverage is that they’ve been shopping for other aircraft.
- I may not have mentioned that Singapore Airlines passengers flying to Singapore can borrow a free wifi hotspot with 2gb of data