News notes from around the interweb:
- It was just mid-last week that American extended flexible rebooking policies for new tickets purchased through April 15. I said two additional weeks wouldn’t cut it, and they’d be back doing it again. And here they are, extending through April 30.
- London Heathrow terminal 5 scouted as a potential COVID-19 field hospital
- Taiwan will require flight attendants to wear “surgical masks, goggles, protective clothing and gloves” starting April 1. Those working which require them to “enter a foreign country to rest will be subject to five days of home quarantine after returning to Taiwan.”
- A flight attendant shares her battle with COVID-19.
- Class action lawsuit against Air Canada over refusal to refund cancelled tickets
- Hertz offering free rental cars to New York City health care workers
- Man uses UberEats to order nothing but free smiles from McDonalds
— 山野祐介 (@yamanoyy) March 26, 2020
- ANA introduces electronic standby for domestic flights ideal in the COVID-19 era to skip hanging around the gate or dealing with an agent.