News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earn miles just for taking a free tour of WeWork office space and up to 20,000 if you rent some.
- Etihad controls Italian carrier Alitalia (which means it shares revenue on transatlantic flying with Delta and Delta favors this, what a strange world we live in). Not to be outdone French Legion of Honor winner Qatar Airways CEO Akbar al-Baker is considering a 49% stake in Italian carrier Meridiana.
- Southwest is arguing in court filings that Delta is ‘trespassing’ on its gates at Love Field.
- Etihad is releasing a virtual reality film starring Nicole Kidman onboard one of their Airbus A380s. It’s the first virtual reality film to feature a Hollywood actor or actress. (HT: Skift)
- Lufthansa will eliminate first class on their Munich-based Airbus A330-300s by summer 2017. Upcoming routes losing first class:
Munich to Delhi as of September 21, 2016
Munich to Charlotte as of December 1, 2016
Munich to Montreal as of December 1, 2016
Munich to Mumbai as of December 1, 2016
Munich to Tehran as of December 1, 2016
Munich to Boston as of January 3, 2017
Munich to Chicago as of January 3, 2017
Munich to New York JFK as of February 2, 2017
Munich to Washington as of February 2, 2017
Munich to Miami as of February 4, 2017
- Here are the 10 airlines with the most firm aircraft orders from Boeing and Airbus. The top 3 spots are all Asian low cost carriers.
Source: Airline Weekly