News notes from around the interweb:
- United sends some very deserving children to the North Pole I dunno, sounds like a threat to me, clean your room or I’ll send you to the North Pole! Good on United though and I realize I find myself joking about it otherwise the story makes me cry.
- American Airlines’ Envoy Air employee sentenced for taking the government’s money to move fake meth out of Dallas Fort-Worth airport
- There are several areas along the U.S. border where domestic travel (either from U.S. to U.S., Canada to Canada, Mexico to Mexico) requires crossing into another country. In one Canadian town that requires crossing U.S. territory to reach the rest of Canada, the U.S. is reading domestic Canadian mail.
Here’s the story of the places you cross between the U.S. and Canada without going through an immigration checkpoint.
- Amazon Air is struggling to retain pilots
- Irony watch? What Emirates and Etihad are serving for Christmas
- Aman Resorts will open a property in Miami (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Dave Neeleman may sell his stake in Star Alliance carrier TAP Air Portugal