News and notes from around the interweb:
- Majority of all-inclusive AMR resorts now bookable with Hyatt points
- Wow – Points.com (Points) is being acquired by PlusGrade the bidding for upgrades folks who also sell blocked middle seats
- The best international stopover options
- With certain hotels pushing mindfulness in search of higher ADR, how mindfulness can make you a darker person
[M]indfulness may be especially harmful when we have wronged other people. By quelling our feelings of guilt, it seems, the common meditation technique discourages us from making amends for our mistakes.
“Cultivating mindfulness can distract people from their own transgressions and interpersonal obligations, occasionally relaxing one’s moral compass,” says Andrew Hafenbrack, assistant professor of management and organisation at the University of Washington, US, who led the new study.
- “I don’t know how he got in, but a guy checked out once and left, like, 20 cats in his room. Living cats, all just chilling.”
- Big discounts on several Qantas domestic awards in August