News and notes from around the interweb:
- Not a split-tender transaction: Man swiped 59 credit cards at a single car wash. He was testing credit card numbers he’d purchased on the dark web.
- 30% off Alaska Airlines flights booked by Saturday using promo code CARELINE, travel January 5 – August 31.
- Profile of new Virgin Australia CEO
- Proposed Covid spending deals include airline subsidies, and if one passes it will be because Senate Republicans think it helps their chances in the Georgia runoff elections. What a strange world we live in where airline shareholders may get a huge gift from taxpayers because of the Georgia runoffs.
- KLM flight attendant detained over a month in Singapore for breaking Covid quarantine
- Slots for American’s new Seattle – London Heathrow service will come from joint venture partner Finnair
- Andrew Cuomo blasted President Trump for refusing to send funds to support the Gateway project to address issues with Amtram tunnels under the Hudson, but now he says the work isn’t needed..?
“It is probably the critical infrastructure issue facing not just New York and New Jersey, but literally the entire Northeast,” Cuomo said in the video, which did nothing to remove Trump’s blockade of the project.
Two years later, just as Gateway’s prospects are buoyed by the election of “Amtrak” Joe Biden, Cuomo is the one accused of jeopardizing the endeavor after pushing a new report that calls into question a fundamental justification for the project: whether building a new tunnel is even necessary, or if a patch-up job for existing tunnels will suffice.