News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Denver Nuggets were trapped inside The Nines hotel in Portland while protestors sought a conservative author
Riot police arrived at the hotel shortly before midnight on May 28 and formed a perimeter at the intersection of Southwest Morrison Street and 6th Avenue for the next 30 minutes.
…[T]he team was inside the hotel when the crowd pursued the man they believed to be Ngo to the concierge desk of the hotel, then pulled on the doors and confronted Nines staff in a chaotic scene. Protesters had previously tackled and punched the man, who fled to the hotel for safety.
- Lufthansa re-opened a Frankfurt first class lounge but thanks to German regulations there’s no food service there, only food to go. It’s like we’ve learned nothing about how the virus spreads since the start of the pandemic and are still using a flu model.
- How a busy travel blogger does a first date
- Plaza Premium is rebranding 13 Menzies airport lounges
- Ukraine’s Ambassador to Thailand was found dead inside a room at this resort. The man was just 45 years old.
- Top bankers can now be exempt from quarantine on arrival in Hong Kong. Some places are re-opening to tourism in the face of virus risk, Hong Kong is re-opening to banking.