News notes from around the interweb:
- Class action lawsuit against Norwegian Air for refusing to refund cancelled flights
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
- Through June 18 Etihad Guest will sell miles for as little as 1.25 cents apiece which I consider better than transferring points in from American Express, Citibank or Capital One. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- What re-opened Las Vegas is like right now
- Those new American Airlines ‘Oasis’ domestic first class seats – a stripped down version of the Collins Aerospace MiQ – sure don’t hold up well.
- Chase Freedom third quarter 5x earning merchants (up to $1500 spend) are Amazon and Whole Foods.
- Why doesn’t it surprise me that LAWA can’t even keep the hand sanitizer full? Meanwhile the Atlanta airport is installing internet-enabled smart hand sanitizer dispensers that ping staff when they need to be refilled. Hand sanitizer dispensers. Connected to the internet. The virus may kill us, but we’ll leave behind a robot society capable of asking for hand sanitizer.
Hey @flyLAXairport fourth 4) empty dispenser today in TBIT in secure and outside areas. This after after TSA screening. BOTH empty? Have you heard about #COVID19 ?@WandrMe @latimestravel @tedthornhill @garyleff @godsavethepoint #AvGeek #LAX pic.twitter.com/tYEvyEYine
— ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴢᴏʀᴋ (@TravelZork) June 14, 2020
- Airline analyst as anthropologist. Field research:
Hats off to the Jefferies analyst who keeps flying economy between Shanghai and Beijing to estimate load factors. pic.twitter.com/S6Tcm0GiAE
— Tracy Alloway (@tracyalloway) June 15, 2020