I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- There’s literally no reason not to sign up to lock in the chance of a great payout come September.
- Free: 5 nights in a suite plus dinner and massages
- A resort in Micronesia will give itself away to the winner of a raffle. Tickets cost $49.
- After Uber and Lyft left Austin, declaring they couldn’t operate under the city’s new regulations for ridesharing, one of the ideas that’s prospered is individuals giving each other rides.
Arcade City is supposed to become an app, but for now is just a Facebook group where people post the rides they need and other people meet up with them to give them the ride. There’s no company in the middle, and no one taking a cut — just people helping people, and accepting some payment for it. Now Austin is cracking down on that, too.
- Fiji Airways has launched twice-weekly San Francisco – Nadi service complementing their existing daily Los Angeles flight.
That’s useful to know because they partner with American AAdvantage and also Qantas (a Citi ThankYou transfer partner) for award redemption. And because many have been known to transit Fiji on flights between the US and Australia or New Zealand when necessary to make an award work.
By Eric Salard (DQ-FJU) [CC BY-SA 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons
- The Tampa Marriott Waterside will now let you shower in Vitamin C water. (HT: Dan R.) Surely the communists have won.