News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Express in Canada has a new invite-only credit card that comes with Star Alliance Gold status, access to Aeroplan Super Elite airport concierges, entry privileges to Air Canada’s Signature Suites in Vancouver and Toronto. Wow.
- What’s going on at the Austin airport?
- Queen Consort Camilla – she’ll always be the other woman – flew British Airways, and the plane suffered a bird strike. She’s apparently afraid of flying to begin with.
- Ascenda Loyalty handles points transfers for many of the programs you participate in. They now support transferring points into crypto but it sure feels they’re about 11 months late? (Here’s my tempered enthusiasm at best fom last November.)
- Israeli passenger sets toilet on fire during El Al flight to Bangkok
- Uber cracking down on riders using cartoon character and offensive names and piloting video recording of rides through the driver app.