New and notes from around the interweb:
- How Rapid Travel Chai Used Miles To Fulfill His Dream To Visit Every Country Before Turning 40
Stefan Krasowski had a dream to visit every country on Earth before he turned 40. That took him to wondrous places, from the crystal blue crater lakes of Djibouti and the ancient Roman ruins of Tunisia to the foothills of the Himalayas in Bhutan.
And thanks to his considerable stockpile of credit cards, he was able to complete that dream and visit the one that eluded him — Syria. The moment his tourist visa was granted, after a two-year wait, he reached for his credit card.
“On one day’s notice, I was able to be on a plane to Beirut and in Damascus by nightfall,” he said.
- 25% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards to Hawaiian Airlines through October 7. You have to log in to see the bonus reflected.
- Double Amtrak points (“Double Days”) October 1 through November 16, Registration required.
- Why lines are long at the best barbecue restaurants
- Sad: Man drowns while proposing to his girlfriend underwater while on holiday in Tanzania.
- Plans for a new Bangkok-area airport 50 kilometers from downtown that would serve mostly domestic and regional operations.
- Hotel chain with free on-demand porn (isn’t that just called the internet?) is expanding.