News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Airlines employees now have companion eligibility for ZED fares on JetBlue, and will soon get “higher boarding priority than other ZED standbys” on the carrier.
- How to transport the Olympic torch on an aircraft since they don’t put out the flame.
- There are several stories you can tell about this data.
For the travel-minded:
(Graph via The Economist) pic.twitter.com/1a5TBvWVVH
— ian bremmer (@ianbremmer) July 21, 2021
- Qatar’s CEO wants to add members to oneworld and he’s the current head of the alliance. It was just a couple of years ago he was threatening to pull his own airline out.
- A stowaway didn’t make it on a Nairobi – London flight sad.
- Aeroflot has the world’s strongest airline brand Really?
Russian flag carrier Aeroflot remains the world’s strongest airline brand, with a BSI score of 89.5 out of 100 (up from 84 last year) and a corresponding AAA brand strength rating. This is despite a more than a third (-38%) decline in estimated brand value to USD1 billion.
As one of the oldest airlines in the world, Russia’s national flag carrier has “clearly demonstrated that despite reduced air travel it continues to have a strong presence in consumers’ mind,” says Brand Finance. The airline has recently undertaken a shift in strategy towards becoming a more premium class travel option.