News and notes from around the interweb:
- Blue Cross Asia Pacific announces it will no longer insure trips on Hong Kong Airlines due to financial challenges faced by the carrier (and parent HNA Group)
- Picking a hotel lock with a Marriott ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign. (HT: John F.) At least there’s finally a real argument supporting the push to eliminate these signs.
- Government shutdown could stand in the way of Delta adding the Airbus A220 to its operating certificate Delta says it won’t, but the FAA isn’t responding to questions… because of the shutdown.
- Boom Supersonic has closed a $100 million funding round investors sure think they’ll be able to deliver on a supersonic jet.
- Another Japanese pilot tested positive for alcohol
- Hilton updated the Honors terms and conditions and Hampton Inn properties in China are no longer excluded.
- 2000 bonus American AAdvantage miles and 1 mile per dollar with pet sitting service Rover (HT: Loyalty Lobby)