News and notes from around the interweb:
- Qatar Airways is developing a second generation of the Adient Ascent seat for its Boeing 787-9 aircraft plus the Airbus A321neo should get a ‘mini-QSuite’ and the Boeing 777X will get a next generation QSuite and a small first class cabin.
- “I sued Ryanair for £200 and it only took 15 minutes – here’s how to do it” (HT: Anthony H.) Just planned to be banned from the airlin if you win.
- If you’re closing on a house, spread the transaction over a multi-day stay at the Waldorf Astoria in Las Vegas where the resort fee apparently includes two free notarizations per day.
- Objections to vaccination requirements for travel from Africa, where vax rates are lower
- Former British Airways CEO Alex Cruz slams ‘digitally naive’ airline sector. The ex-Vueling head cut costs at BA and oversaw IT meltdowns and data breaches, so he knows what he’s talking about.
- American Airlines will have to pay flight attendants for all those times they’ve boarded flights before scheduled baording time at least, for each time that a flight attendant reported it.