News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta confirmed international upgrade certificates can now be used to upgrade from coach to business class on Air France (skipping over premium economy), are eligible to be used on most coach fares, and book into Z (deep discount business) instead of O (award) class.
That’s a significant improvement for these certificates that are a choice benefit for Diamonds. They may become easier to use on Air France than on Delta, considering how challenging confirmed upgrade space on Delta has been in the past.
- United is trialing new pillows in coach on Tel Aviv flights with enough for everyone. I’m confused. Does Scott Kirby know about this?
- oneworld expects to finalize details for alliance upgrades in 2020 so members can use miles in one member airline’s program (like American’s or Alaska’s) to upgrade on another member airline (like Cathay Pacific or Malaysia Airlines). It may not roll out this year though. And don’t be surprised if buying among the most expensive coach tickets is required to upgrade to business.
- Hyatt is offering legacy ‘Hyatt Credit Card’ cardmembers can earn a free category 1-4 night after spending $4000 spend. Registration required. The offer terms don’t actually say anything about being restricted to the old card you can no longer apply for, but if you don’t have it the site won’t let you register.
- Chase and Hyatt are also offering:
- 5 points per dollar at Amazon.com and 3 points per dollar at groceries stores on up to $1500 in combined purchases each month charged to a Hyatt card through December 31. You may have this in your Chase Offers when you log in.
- $75 statement credit on $250+ spend at an Unbound Collection, Destination Hotel, or Joie de Vivre property November 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021.
- New germ-reducing pillow to bring with you on your next hotel stay
Family business: foam fabricator, TSS Foam Industries in Caledonia, Livingston County has a new travel product to help cut down on germs in hotels. It’s called the Sleep Safe Pillow. Sam DiLiberto and sons have operated TSS Foam for 47 years! @SPECNewsROC #FamilyBusiness pic.twitter.com/4sCRUGOAeG
— Wendy Mills (@WendyMillsTV) October 27, 2020
- The average union hotel worker in New York city costs $100,000 a year to employ
[…] offer announced in late October for legacy Hyatt Credit Card cardmembers (only) to earn a free category 1-4 night after spending […]