News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Express will let you send money via Paypal or Venmo with no fees but no rewards earned.
- You can now buy private jet memberships at Costco.com from Delta-backed Wheels Up
- The CDC’s failure conducting airport screening of arriving international passengers is well documented. They’ve now come out with their own post-mortem which acknowledges they failed to find many cases (1 per 85,000 people screened) and concludes there’s little they should have done differently except not bothered with airport screening in the first place.
- Vietnam’s Bamboo Airways gets the ok to start U.S. flights which could begin in 2021. Vietnam Airlines has approval as well. (HT: @JohnnyJet)
- Interview with the CEO of bankrupt Star Alliance airline Avianca.
- Moving the vaccine will be the biggest security challenge in a generation Remember that back in March Delta ordered half a million face masks and 250,000 were stolen. Wanna bet there are people even now plotting a cargo heist of vaccine?