News and notes from around the interweb:
- “Passengers who tip [Uber drivers] only give an average of five and a half percent, while many don’t leave a tip at all.”
- The Qantas-Singapore Airlines merger that almost happened
- Quito travel notes homicides are way down, now’s the time to go!
- “With Caesars Entertainment’s Buffet of Buffets pass, you pay one price and get access to up to five buffets in Las Vegas for a 24-hour period.” (HT: Marginal Revolution) That’s one way to lock you into staying on property.
- The newly completed roof over the main terminal of Beijing’s new airport:
- Wait, what?
@ Gary — Uber fares are “all in.” Not sure what uber allocates to tips, but it isn’t my problem.
I’m very sad that you didn’t include a primer on bird boxing. Apparently it’s a challenge to perform everyday tasks while blindfolded based on a popular Netflix series.
No source in that article for the 5.5% average uber tip…curious about it
Jon- there’s a longer and more detailed NYT article that covers the same material, but includes a link to the study by Ridester- https://www.ridester.com/2018-survey/
As far as I can tell, the methodology makes sense, in that they used actual screenshots of the driver earnings from the ap. Lots of other interesting Uber data there as well.
It says 36% of rides have no tip included at all, so if you don’t tip, you arent alone.
if you’re expensing your uber ride, you don’t have any excuse not to leave a fat tip
@anon: it’s a matter of principles. Just because you’re on someone else’s dime, doesn’t mean that you should go against your principles. That’d be hypocritical.