News and notes from around the interweb:
- How to check for hidden cameras in Uber and Lyft
- 60,000 mile signup bonus for Lufthansa card good for access to Lufthansa first class in advance and United domestic flights.
- Last year American’s Bomardier CRJ regional jets couldn’t take off in 118 degree heat, and it exceeded that on the runways in Phoenix over the summer. They’re now certified to 123.8 degrees so fewer flights should cancel.
- People have taken 10 billion Uber trips. That’s not nearly as many hamburgers as McDonalds has served, they claimed 20 billion burgers in 1976.
Credit: Jonathunder via Wikimedia Commons
- The human and the pilot: a story about irrationality
- TSA says they’re 5 years away from now making you take stuff out of your carry ons and those are bureaucrat years.
- United video about their ‘island hopper’ route, I did not know that a mechanic accompanies every flight.