News and notes from around the interweb:
- Qantas first class takes off again with first lounges in Sydney and Melbourne re-opening late this month as well.
- Disney struggling to fill $5000 Star Wars hotel
- British Airways is set to let male cabin crew wear ‘man buns’ and paint their nails following uniform policy review
- Qantas keeps hanging up on customers
- Uber adding fuel surcharges I wish they’d just call it a price increase
- Putin signs law to let Russian airlines keep their leased aircraft good luck to any Russian airline trying to lease again in the future.
- Airline abandons 94 year woman in wheelchair after flight, offer $225 in compensation
Disney $5,000 a night? I’m not surprised at low demand…..
If an aircraft leased by a Russian airline is ever present in a Western country, the likelihood is that the aircraft will be repossessed or seized by the government. Just watch.
Qantas hanging up on customers? Virgin Atlantic has 3 hour hold times and its web site is useless: “We’re sorry, we can’t process this right now. Please try again later ERROR_MSG_21”
It’s not $5000 a night Star Wars hotel. It’s a 2 night immersion experience with food and activities included ( Hollywood Studios)… Yes it is expensive, but the headline is deliberately misleading…..
@Gary – it’s $5k for 2 nights for a room that has 2 adults, not $5k per night (still hella expensive though!)
My god you couldn’t pay me $5K per night to stay there based on that picture alone. I’d rather be stuck in an elevator with Carrott Top.
BA! Man Buns! Why? Ru Pauls Drag show on British Airways…. Hot pants on Southwest …
I suspect that Disney is going to get support/love from the masses (population wise, are there more Democrats than Republicans? Yes, the “useful idiots” sometimes do vote with their dollars too) because of recent events.
Would love to have a corporate meeting there actually. Nice to see a corporation taking a stand, although it may be related to concerns about less well-educated local work-force.